Saturday, September 28, 2013

Logo project and the show

Just finished this logo project for my my concept strategies class. It was for a company called Cat Eye. They sell bike products and lights. This project and I have been through a journey. At first I was wanting something abstract, after getting some feed back many people said it was looking really tribal. I decided to change it do something a bit more literal with the element of the abstract logo I like. It turned out very professional.

Here is a pic of my desk after working on the roughs.

Here is the finished product.



For 3D we were doing this project in foam core (which I learned to despise from having to flush mount last year) and I wanted to make one of my weird alien creatures. My teacher kept hinting around that I should go with the serpent idea instead of a antelope looking monster. I decided to go with the antelope and it ended up being a disaster. I was happy with the head and torso but I could not make the legs sturdy. The thing totally fell apart on critique day. Super bummed me out. However, it was a learning experience and now when I make a sculpture I am going to make sure that not only the idea is sound but the structure is sound as well. Anyway, here is a pic of the after math of this project. 

I hate you foam core


On a more positive note, I am going to be in an Art show. I am very excited and don't really know what to expect. All my friends will be there so it will be fun. Made this flyer today. Space alien robot skull.




No comments:

Post a Comment